What is Astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin, which is part of the carotenoid family, is thought to be the most potent antioxidant nature has to offer, and mounting research suggests it has broad-spectrum, system-wide health benefits. It’s derived from Haematococcus microalgae, which produces astaxanthin as a protective mechanism to shield the fragile algae from harsh ultraviolet (UV) light and other environmental stressors.
Astaxanthin’s benefits are so numerous, I’ve written several articles to cover its activities, from radiation protection, to eye, brain, lung and heart health.
Astaxanthin is related to beta-carotene, lutein and canthaxanthin. However, its unique molecular structure makes it both more potent and unique than other carotenoids. For example, astaxanthin has 550 times stronger antioxidant power than vitamin E, and is 6,000 times more potent than vitamin C.
The major problem with standard powdered astaxanthin supplements is the low absorption rates after oral consumption.
Our Astaxanthin & Gac Fruit Oil Liposomal encapsulation is an advanced system designed to protect the nutrients from breakdown by the digestive system and deliver the nutrients in a highly absorbable form through the cell wall. Ordinary pill and tablet supplements do not deliver this dual action.
Benefits of Astaxanthin:
- potent protector of eye health & vision
- supports healthy and vibrant skin
- mitigates oxidative effects of diabetes
- helps reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
- can help reduce heart damage from heart attack
- modulates the body’s immune response
- protects the stomach lining from H. pylori and ulcers
- protects against UV damage
- helps high blood pressure
- helps with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- inhibits cancer cell growth
- reduces exercise fatigue
- protects against stroke
- protects against Alzheimer’s
Benefits of Gac Fruit Oil:
- maintains youth and prevents aging
- protects cardiovascular health
- helps managing cholesterol level
- natural solution to insomnia
- fights anemia
- helps fight prostate enlargement
- combats depression
- boosts immune system functions
- source of vitamin E
- supports detoxification